The team at RSM are delighted to be supporting the inaugural charity reporting awards – helping to promote best practice in financial reporting.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand have announced the New Zealand Charity Reporting Awards to recognise the efforts of registered charities in adopting the new reporting standards.
We appreciate the considerable amount of effort and hard work put in by many of our charity clients in meeting the new mandatory financial reporting requirements for charities.
Accordingly it is great to see awards established to recognise this and to help share and further encourage best practice within this very important sector in New Zealand.
The new standards were introduced to provide greater transparency and consistency in reporting within the charities sector. They provide a great opportunity for charities to communicate the value that they are providing and to tell their story to potential funders, volunteers an the broader community.
Details of the competition and prizes are set out below:
- Communication effectiveness and innovation 30%
- Compliance with standards 50%
- Overall presentation 20%
- Zowie Pateman
- Acting Reporting Leader, CA ANZ
- Prof. Rodney Dormer
- School of Accounting and Commercial Law, Victoria University
- Raewynne Jacobs
- Funding Programme Manager, Foundation North
- Stuart Burns
- Consultant and Independent Director
Former Chief Executive Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust
HOW TO ENTER
- Please send through the Performance Report (Tier 3 & 4) or Financial Statements (Tier 1 & 2) of your charity (audited versions if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5pm (NZ time) on 7 October 2017
- Prizes of $1000 will be awarded to the winner in each of the four tiers of reporting.
- Winners will be announced at the Charities Services Annual Meeting in Wellington on 2 November 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Nicola Hankinson,
Senior Policy Advisor, CA ANZ at email@example.com