9Wire, is a new environmental innovation programme that is flipping the model of how support is given to ventures/organisations/individuals who are working towards positively impacting the environment in any way. Currently, those ventures go out and spend a lot of time finding support. 9Wire works to bring the support to them. 9Wire taps into a new collaboration of innovation partners to navigate the support pathways on offer for them and break down the barriers to impact.
There are two criteria:
- You must be in New Zealand and working on an innovation where the primary purpose is to positively impact, improve or regenerate New Zealand’s environment.
- You also need to be working on an innovation. We define innovation for this programme as a new, unique, different and/or thought-provoking:
- Product or Service
- Process or method
- Organisation and management
There are no criteria for stage, or type of organisation.
Support may come in the form of:
- Streamlining access to funding opportunities
- Skill building for teams and individuals
- Professional support such as legal, financial or marketing needs
- Technical support to solve problems
- Impact tracking and development
- Connections and introductions
- Webinars, articles and other resources
9Wire is now open for applications until 8 July, and we will be selecting 10 to go through a high intensity one on one support programme, and many others will receive support that will best suit them. The application process is a workshop style social lean canvas, and is an online app.
The Ākina Foundation has partnered with WWF to create 9Wire with support from MPI, MfE, DOC, Auckland Council, and Callaghan.
Applications Close: 8 July
Programme begins: 1 August
Wellington Information Evening: 24 June at 5:30pm at Creative HQ (tickets here)
Virtual Information evenings will also be happening via Zoom
Check out our webpage for all of the details around eligibility, more info, and how to apply!