There are thousands of young people endlessly looking for jobs, but many don’t know where to start. Often they have a CV, but they are not sure if it showcases their skills in the best way.
To help prepare young people for employment and connect them with local employers, Youth Connections is hosting JobFest 2017 – New Zealand’s largest youth employment event where young people can get the answers they need, and maybe even find a job!
Wednesday 3 May, 9.30 – 2pm, Vodafone Events Center, Manukau
And it’s not just for jobseekers either, JobFest 2017 will play host to a wide range of employers looking for new talent to join their teams. JobFest gives employers the opportunity to meet face-to-face with motivated young people ready for work . If you are an employer, you can go to the website to register your interest in being part of JobFest.visit jobfest.co.nz to register.
What’s on offer:
- Employers ready to meet with you to discuss jobs available
- Awesome presentations by employers talking about what it’s like to work with them
- Check out jobs listed with Work and Income (and find out about your eligibility for wage subsidies)
- Connect with free services to help you 3get ready to work and find a job
- Get hands-on help with CV building, job applications and interview skills, and more!
Another great free online service to prepare young people for meeting employers at JobFest17 is www.youthfull.co.nz. Check out the pre event training and free online courses for young to take so they are work ready and can turn up to JobFest with the confidence, skills and know how to apply for jobs on the day.