The Tindall Foundation requested an evaluation of the way in which we responded to the devastating Canterbury Earthquakes and how effective our funding approach has been in supporting organsiations, groups and residents over the past four years.
We were keen to look very closely at our response and evaluate the following points:
- The effectiveness of our overall response
- How well the strategy filled a particular niche meeting needs responsively and proactively
- Specific strengths and weaknesses of the response strategy
- How donations have benefitted the recovery
- Our contribution beyond monetary donations
- How our response might have been improved
- What the strategy might give priority to over the next two to three years in the context of Canterbury needs and particular Trustee interests.
The report has interesting insights in to the current need in Canterbury and the ongoing issues local people face.
Recommendations stated in the report will help inform us of how we might continue to adapt our giving to best address the future needs of Canterbury.
Read the evaluation below: