Welcome to our spring e-bulletin
It has been a hectic few months here at the foundation. Other than business as usual, we have attended a number of conferences and forums, which have been both interesting and inspiring.
- Kate and I have just returned from the Social Enterprise World Forum held in Christchurch last week. We were proud to both support and attend the event. Read more about our reflections in the full e-bulletin.
- Our Staff attended the PNZ conference in Wellington and the International Funders for Indigenous Peoples (IFIP) Pacific Regional Hui in Otaki in May. Both very informative events and a great place to meet people doing fantastic work across NZ and around the world.
- Martina attended the Community Foundations of NZ national workshop, ‘taking it to the next level’, held in Wellington in September. She said it was fantastic to listen to a guest speaker from Canada, Liz Palmieri , who sharing her knowledge ‘How to manage growth’.
- Kate attended the Talking Matters summit in September. It was great to see a growing body of professionals, teachers and community workers in one room learn about the importance of talking, singing and reading to babies and young children.
- We also held our annual Trustee Retreat in Matakana in August. Staff and Trustees spent two days together reflecting on our work over the past year, looking forward to coming year and talking about the most pressing needs and issues in NZ. We thought about how we might best find solutions to address these with our funds, resources, knowledge and connections.
Keep a look out for our digital annual report, which will be sent out at the beginning of next month.