We are excited to announce that from next month TTF will be accepting donation applications from Trans, Takatāpui Intersex community organisations across Aotearoa. We want to fund and support groups that are pushing for change and making a difference to the lives of gender diverse youth.
We know that that young people who are trans, takatāpui and intersex are socially and economically marginalised and more likely than their peers to face housing insecurity, economic disadvantage and negative mental health outcomes. We are committed to helping to ensure that they are protected, celebrated, loved and cared for.
Our mahi in this space will be both proactive and reactive, supporting progressive and innovative initiatives in the areas of:
- National advocacy, research and strategies
- Organisational capacity and competency
- Pan sector and national initiatives and services
- Pathways to wellbeing, safety and leadership
- Collaborative initiatives within and across sectors
- Small, regional and local projects
We are thankful for the openness and willingness of individuals and people from rainbow and intersex organisations who have given their expertise and time to help us develop our mahi.
These are the flags that represent transgender and intersex people across the world